Thursday, November 12, 2015

Self Portrait and Portraits Part 1

2-3 Tips: 

1) Break the Rules of Composition

There are a lot of ‘rules’ out there when it comes to composition and I’ve always had a love hate relationship with them. My theory is that while they are useful to know and employ that they are also useful to know so you can purposely break them – as this can lead to eye catching results.


The Rule of Thirds is one that can be effective to break – placing your subject either dead centre can sometimes create a powerful image – or even creative placement with your subject right on the edge of a shot can sometimes create interesting images.

2) Hold Your Camera on an Angle

Horizontal and Vertical framings are not the only options when it comes to shooting portraits. While getting your images straight can be important in when shooting in these formats holding your camera on a more diagonal angle can also inject a little fun into your images.

This type of framing can add a sense of fun and energy into your shots. Just don’t ‘slightly’ do it or you’ll have people asking themselves if you might have mistakenly held your camera crooked.
3)You can also capture a self-portrait by supporting your camera, then frame your picture and focus with a stand-in. Place a mirror just behind the camera, and do your final posing in the mirror. This method also requires a self-timer, or a remote triggering device if your camera has one. Once again, if you use a self-timer, you'll need to get into position before it goes off
Environmental Portrait: 
I picked this photo because I like horses, and I like how is sun is reflecting off the horses mane. 
I picked this photo because it shows how had things really are. I like how it shows the truth of the world, when most photos don't. 
I picked this photo because I liked that she was in water. I liked how the photographer chose a different environment than most photographers do. 
I picked this photo because I thought it looked really cool. It was black and white, but there was only a title but of color, that makes it stand out. 
I picked this photo because it had a really simple background. Also, she looks really pretty photo, and it is really clear who the main subject it. 
I picked this photo because this couple is the price and princess of England. And my aunt and uncle live in England, so i like this couple, and it is a really pretty photo.

For my portrait project, I am going to shoot my friends. Im thinking that I could do it in the woods behind my house. I would do it in the woods because it would be a really good shot. And the photo would turn out really pretty with all the trees in the background. I think something I could do to make the photo successful is to really take into consideration what i am shooting and everything around it, and using the environment to help me. Also, i think that the best rule i could use is rule of thirds because i know how to do that one, and also the rule where there is a simple background, and it is easy to tell what the subject is. 





No comments:

Post a Comment